Saturday, April 26, 2008

Costa Rica - I'm a Street Food Junkie

hola.

thought i would send one more update. we got 30 minutes free internet at our hotel, named si como no. which means yes, why not? that is our new favorite spanish phrase.

yesterday was rapelling which was amazing. 5 rapells thru the canyons and waterfalls. wait until you see the photos! these faces were huge and so steep! we have a couple mean rope burns to prove it!

Today i surfed. i can actually say that becuase i was so surprisingly good. Generally, I'm not exactly what you'd call "highly coordinated." i had no idea i had such balance. jodi and i took a 2 hour lesson today. some of the waves were so giant. i really struggled with board management as far as getting back out deep bc the tide was so strong. at one point we got in a rip tide and had to do the whole swim sideways thing. I always enjoy the chance to put something I learned on Man vs Wild to good use! Hmmm, I may have picked that tip up from Baywatch. Anyhow - aside from the fear of my board whopping me in the face as i swam back out, i absolutely loved it. i definitely want to go again but somewhere the waves are a little smaller.getting up is so fun, i rode one wave for about 30 seconds, i could hardly believe it. i did take some crazy nasty falls at high speeds, ive never swallowed so much salt water in my life. afterward we were so exhausted, it is a crazy hard workout. we found this random street vendor with a grill and picnic tables and ate chicken kabobs, rice, beans yucca and plantain. YUM!!! it was this huge feast for $5. here's to hoping those Africa vaccines are still working!!

we are resting now and tonight going to a discoteca/bar. its noche senoritas. so we thought, si como no?

tomorrow is a 2.5 hour hike thru manuel antonio national park (assuming i can move all my parts), then the afternoon at the beach.

My brother TJ has always said my closest animal relative is the sloth. I saw a sloth napping in a tree today and let me tell you, my closest animal relative is quite cute.

xoxo

stefani


No comments:

Post a Comment