Saturday, February 20, 2010

Australia - Captain Kangaroo

I have been determined to see a wild kangaroo while in Australia. (by 'wild' I mean one in its natural habitat - although a roo drinking and dancing would be fun too!) Frustrated I hadn't seen one, I commented to a girl I met that "at this point I'd settle for a kangaroo carcass!"



My mom used to tell me to always ask God for exaclty what I wanted - to pray my heart's desire. She said that if we offer God a compromise He just may take us up on it! The same day I made the carcass comment I was driving in my car hire (rental car) and sure enough, dead kangaroo in the middle of the road. I couldn't believe it! It somehow left me unfulfilled in my 'roo desires!




The following day as I drove I was thinking about this little lesson learned when literally - at that moment - a kangaroo hopped right across the highway in front of my car! It was like God said - okay you got the point - I'll let you see an alive one now! I was so pumped that I made a few hoots and hollers as I drove along! (yes, I'm aware of my dorkiness)

A little life lesson from a smashed kangaroo, who'd have thought?!?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to see your live 'roo. Nice portrait also, who's your buddy? You haven't seen Crockadile Dundee have u.

    ReplyDelete